Saturday, October 16, 2010

Webquest

I made a web quest for my students to use during our unit on Plate Tectonics. Once they go through this web quest and become familiar with the format, they will create their own web quests later in the year when we study ethical issues in genetics. I will divide the class into four groups and have each group choose an issue such as genetically modified foods, cloning, gene testing, or genetic information privacy/genetic discrimination. Each group will have to create an objective and balanced web quest that demonstrates multiple viewpoints on the issue. Student web quests will also include a personal position statement based on evidence and logical reasoning.   I would like to see students create surveys and discussion forums to link to their web quests as well.

2 comments:

  1. Karen,
    Your websquest looks great. I am still in the planning stages of mine. Was zunal easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super easy for me so the kids could do it n a snap. When you get to the end, you have to fill out this last step or it will not publish. You have to think for a minute about standards, learning styles etc.

    ReplyDelete