Saturday, October 16, 2010

WEB 2.0

Each seventh grade student chooses a topic for her science journal and deepens her understanding of this topic throughout the year. An entry includes an article, summary, new words defined, new learning, three questions and a creative response. All I had to do was mention Glogster and Go Animate and my students were all over it. Right now I have two students who have ongoing Glogs filled with experiments and videos. I have also created a wikiprojects section on my grade 7 science homework page where students can upload videos, Glogs and other multimedia. The following is an example of a Student Glog.  Another student used Go Animate to create a cartoon about whale evolution. The content was great but she was completely focused on those bouncing rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment