Thursday, December 9, 2010

Multimedia Website

This final project took quite some time to accomplish. The learning curve was straight uphill for me, but now all I can think is how great it would be to make a website with all the bells and whistles. The free website on weebly.com is fine but it would be better with video, student pod casts and a student Google Earth link. The most challenging piece of this was conceptualizing how a website works and how students would navigate through it.  This is something I will most certainly give more thought to as I move forward in my tech education. Uploading files was also a challenge at times. You cannot upload a document with an embedded picture.  I really want my students to make websites now. I am thinking about using this means as a form of assessment. Students  really connect with the ethics piece of this unit and students could work in small groups or individually to create a website which raises awareness of conservation issues.

Here is the link to my website

No comments:

Post a Comment